Friday, July 02, 2010
More Studio Ramblings
I am quite liking the regular oils and see no reason to use the water miscible oils but can't help but try the samples :) If handled properly regular oils are not nearly as scary as I thought they were going to be (toxicity and cleanup wise). By turning my fan on low in my studio and keeping solvents/paints in covered jars I do not have any fumes or odours. Many artists do not even use solvents at all but I like how it thins the paint.
I also started covering my palette when not in use which makes a big difference as I was leaving unused paint on my palette between sessions. So I grabbed yet another dish from the kitchen for my palette, similar to the one below. It has a rubber type lid which keeps the paint fresh similar to using a stay wet palette.